About our church - 1952 through the present...
The city of LeClaire, Iowa is a historic community full of opportunity and growth. We enjoy being a part of LeClaire because of what it has to offer. LeClaire is a beautiful town along the Mississippi River located just north of the Iowa Quad Cities right off Interstate 80. LeClaire is a growing community of about 3,800 with pocket option more and more development and progress taking place on a regular basis. For more information concerning LeClaire, visit their website at www.leclaireiowa.gov and www.visitleclaire.com.
1952 - The beginning...
LeClaire Baptist Church was organized in 1952 by seven families meeting in different homes. On March 17, 1952, a house was purchased at 128 South Second Street in LeClaire for the purpose of a church and a home for our first Pastor. That remodeled home/building still stands at that same location today in LeClaire and is privately owned. Incorporation papers were filed in May and the name “LeClaire Baptist Church” was officially accepted June 4, 1952. The church began a building program a few years later in order to build a separate church building in addition to the existing house. A cement block building was built for the new auditorium, and kids classes were still held in the Pastor’s residence.
1957 - Land purchase!
In September of 1957, the church purchased 5 lots on Wisconsin Street in LeClaire for the purpose of building a new church facility there. These lots are the present location of our church today.
The church remodeled and sold the original church property on South Second Street in 1963. Temporary services were held in a vacant school building in LeClaire until the basement of the new building was completed. LeClaire Baptist Church moved to their new facility consisting of an upstairs auditorium, basement classrooms, and an attached home for the Pastor and his family in 1965.
1980's - Building Expansion!
The attached home was remodeled into church offices, a new foyer area, and classroom space pocket options in 1978 after our Pastor and his family purchased their own home. On June 13, 1983 plans were set in motion to build a new hexagon shaped auditorium which would seat 250, nursery and restroom facilities, and a sound room. A special ground-breaking ceremony was held. The building addition was completed and dedication service was held on March 31, 1985! The older auditorium was remodeled into our existing Fellowship Hall and kitchen facilities in the spring of 1985.
1995 - Building Debt Free!
LeClaire Baptist Church became debt free and held our mortgage burning ceremony January 1, 1995!
2000 through 2010 - Remodeling and other improvements!
Since 2000, the church has had some remodeling of the offices done and put new carpet in our Fellowship Hall and basement. We repainted all of our downstairs kids ministry classrooms, and finished some other improvements to our facilities before our 50th anniversary celebration, which was held June 8-9, 2002! In October, 2003 we completed all of our exterior improvements to the building which included new vinal siding and new windows in the Fellowship Hall and offices. We also purchased a 2002 15 passenger church van and donated our old one to an inner-city church in Kansas City, MO.
In 2006, we added and installed our computer/projection system used ever since during our services for announcements, words to all worship/praise songs, Pastor's message outline, video-clips, etc... In 2007, we completely reroofed our building as we continued our major improvements over the past few years.
2012-2013! Spring 2012, the church began the repainting/re-decorating of the auditorium, foyer, hallways, nursery, and restrooms. Our downstairs kids preschool, Kidz Klub, and 4th-6th grade classrooms were also repainted with new themes. Our fall projects included new carpet in the foyer entrance area and hallway. We are grateful for God’s leading our church through a variety of stages, people, buildings, and download pocket option app for pc ministries throughout these past 60 years! God has definitely provided for our church over these many years, and we are looking to Him to do great things in the future!